“Best anniversary present ever! We will always treasure these paintings as a reminder of how creativity is helping to get us all through these strange times.” – Natasha T. in Ontario, CA
What is it?
Our virtual painting packages are a wonderful way to support the DLC while we’re not able to rely on our usual tour income! In addition to receiving one-of-a-kind pieces of lemur artwork in the mail, you will receive a custom video of the painting session made just for you AND the lemurs get a fun enrichment activity – really, it’s a “win” for everyone! You can choose your favorite lemur species to watch paint and the colors you’d like them to use, or you can leave that up to us for an added element of surprise.
What does it include?
Please note that although you will receive a custom video made to order just for you, this will not be a live virtual painting session. After you register for one of the dates below, we’ll get to work painting with your selected lemurs and editing a wonderful, informative video of the experience just for you.
When your reserved date arrives, you will receive a virtual (online) package containing:
1. A downloadable link to your one-of-a-kind, custom-edited video of your painting session
2. Access to our Virtual Tour videos for at least one week
Not only that, we’ll also send a physical package in the mail,* which will include your new masterpieces and other goodies to round out your experience:
1. Two 8″ x 10″ canvases created during your painting session and depicted on your painting video
2. One 8″ x 10″ photo matte from your painting video, perfect for framing the 5″ x 7″ color photograph of the lemur artist(s) that is also included
3. Painter bio(s) about the artist(s)
4. Latest issue of the DLC annual magazine
*Please note that the physical package may arrive after your reserved date.
Make the experience your own! When you register, you can truly customize your painting experience.
1. You can choose the lemur species from the following list: mongoose lemurs, crowned lemurs, blue-eyed black lemurs, ring-tailed lemurs, or ruffed lemurs. Please note, though, that while you can choose the type of lemur for your painting video, you will not be able to choose the individual animals. *If we receive an unusually high number of requests for one species in a given week, we may contact you about a slight delay in receiving your package.*
2. You can also choose your colors from the following list (limit 3 per painting session): red, pink, orange, yellow, green, light green, blue, light blue, purple, light purple.
3. Or you can opt for a surprise and leave the lemur and/or painting choices up to us!
*Pro tip: We recommend having at least two of your three colors be ones that you know will combine well, since our lemurs walk through more than one color and sometimes smudge them together on the canvas. The primary colors (red, yellow, and blue) always go well together. Orange, green, and purple, on the other hand, make an odd color no matter how you combine them. But hey, we’re not here to judge your color preferences, and the paint will not get completely mixed together on the canvases; so just let us know the three colors you would like, and we will make it happen!
What is the cost?
The Virtual Painting Package is $260 plus tax.
Please note that while all proceeds from this virtual offering will go directly to supporting the costs of maintaining the DLC’s operations, your payment will not be tax-deductible. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation, please see your options by clicking this link. Please note that all registrations fees are non-refundable.
How do I register?
Due to the dedicated work going into each Virtual Painting Package, only a limited number of packages will be available for reservation each week; so please click on a date below to register. Please note that we will close the registration two weeks prior to the date, to allow our staff and lemur artists ample time to create your custom package.
You will receive the virtual (online) components of your package on or before the date for which you register. Your mailed (physical) package will take a little bit longer to arrive, but we will send you a confirmation when your package ships.
Click your desired date below to register!