Your support means the world to us
Your support of the Duke Lemur Center makes so much possible. We rely on gifts from businesses and individuals like you to invest in our work to protect lemurs and their natural habitat in Madagascar. Your support allows us to address priority needs within our conservation, education, and non-invasive research programs.
The Duke Lemur Center operates under Duke University and meets the requirements of the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(C)(3). Gifts to the Duke Lemur Center are deductible at the highest limits allowed for federal income or estate tax purposes. Tax receipts will come from Duke University, Federal Tax ID 56-0532129.
Support the priority needs of the Duke Lemur Center through an Unrestricted Gift and play an important role in our ability to cover necessary expenses that are not otherwise covered by grants or other sources of restricted support. Unrestricted donations are very important to us! Or, choose from the options described below to restrict your gift to a specific program area of the Duke Lemur Center.
Restricted donation options:
- Support our work in Madagascar with a designated gift to the DLC’s Madagascar Programs: ex-situ conservation initiatives, research and student opportunities, and community-based conservation in the island’s SAVA (northeastern) region.
- Play a vital role in the care of our irreplaceable colony of lemurs and bush babies at the DLC through our Adopt a Lemur Program: symbolic lemur adoption packages start at $50 and support our costs to care for and house 220+ animals, which averages $8,400 per animal per year.
- Serve as an important stakeholder in our preservation and curation of the DLC’s vast fossil collection with a designated gift to the DLC Museum of Natural History: fossils range from giant extinct lemurs to the world’s largest and most important collection of early anthropoid fossils.
- Be a sponsor with a designated gift to the Sponsorships and Events Fund and your organization will support the expenses of events at the DLC. In 2023, events planned include our Earth Day Global 5K, and expenses for training and recognizing our wonderful interns and volunteers. Visit our Sponsors and Corporate Support Page to learn more!
Mail a check
If you would rather not donate online, you can mail a check made payable to “Duke University” with “Duke Lemur Center” written in the memo field. To designate your gift to a specific program of the Duke Lemur Center, please complete our gift form and mail it with your check to:
Duke Lemur Center
c/o Office of Gift Records
Durham, NC 27708-0581
If you would like to speak with someone about your gift, please call Mary Paisley at (919) 401-7252.
Other ways to give
Click on the links below, or explore these and more topics found under the “Support Us” menu of our website:
- Stock gifts (list Duke Lemur Center in designation section)
- Priorities for $5,000+ gifts
- Naming opportunities + major gifts
- Bequests and other legacy gifts
- IRA rollover gifts/Qualified Charitable Distributions: Contact Mary Paisley, Development Director, at 919-401-7252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopt a lemur packages (a great holiday gift idea)
For specific needs and other ways to give, please click through the options in the menu in the left sidebar. Thanks so much for your support!
Please call or email our Development Officer, Mary Paisley: (919) 401-7252 or email@example.com. She’ll be happy to help!