Build an Earth Day 5K team… and win!
Teams that run together have fun together! Build a running team for the Earth Day Global 5K (formerly the Stay Away 5K) and help support the DLC’s internship program, inspiring the next generation of environmental stewards! One lucky team will be selected via a randomized drawing to receive a Walking with Lemurs Premium Tour.
BY REGISTERING BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, AGREE TO, AND WILL COMPLY WITH THE EVENT REGISTRATION WAIVER AND THAT IF REGISTERING A MINOR, YOU ARE THE LEGAL GUARDIAN.
This event has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
To qualify for the prize drawing, your team must have a minimum of seven registrations. Here’s what you need to do to enter the team contest:
- Since this is a virtual 5K, your team can consist of anyone in the world! Family, friends, running team, co-workers, book club, etc.
- Create a unique team name that will be used exclusively to track registrations from your team and make sure everyone on your team knows it so that they will be prepared to enter it into the “team name” field of the registration form. The name should be out of the ordinary to ensure that another team does not create the same one (example: Crazie4lemurs@123Company, 2gether2run, TeamLi$@, Hiking4LemursOn3arthDay) We will update the list of teams list on our 5K Info. Hub for Participants, so check that page to ensure another team has not chosen your desired team name already!
- Team members can register as a part of your team individually, or in groups of up to four using the registration links in the “Register now” section above, but each registrant must remember to enter your team’s unique name in the “Team Name” field. Team names must be EXACT for each team registration. (NOTE: If you are registering internationally or prefer not to receive a t-shirt, your team name can be entered in the Notes section of the form.)
- More registrants = more chances to win! The minimum number of registrants is SEVEN in order for a team to be eligible for the drawing. Also each registrant for your team = one entry for the drawing. For example, if your team has eight members register, then that team will have eight chances to win. If your team has 20 members register, then the team will have 20 chances to win!
- The winning team will be announced by May 1, 2023. The winning team will receive a Walking with Lemurs Premium Tour for a maximum of 10 people ages 10+. If the winning team is located outside North Carolina, has more than 10 people, or has members under the age of 10, we’ll provide virtual options so the prize can be enjoyed by all team members, anywhere in the world!
Curious how many people have registered for your team? We’ll post lists of team registrations in the weeks leading up to the race!
Team entries to-date (updated 4/17/2023):
|Best Friends for Everett||1|
|DOCR LEMUR TEAM||7|
|Femurs for Lemurs||1|
|Free Range Chickens||1|
|Go Dye Family Empire||2|
|GPers for Lemurs||7|
|Green side up||1|
|Harlan’s Ground Sloths Rule!||1|
|Lemur 2: Electric Boogaloo||2|
|Lemur Than You Bargained For||1|
|Microscopists for Microcebus||6|
|Ozarks like to move it move it||4|
|Pie and Bean||1|
|Pingshow Goes Eco||7|
|rAbbott & Wolf||1|
|Red Panda Escape||1|
|Still Staying Away!||1|
|Team Toddler Take Down||1|
|The Attractive Nuisances||5|
|The Children’s Hour||1|
|The G’anna 3||1|
If you have questions about registration, teams, or t-shirt delivery, please contact our Business Manager, Melissa Dean, at email@example.com.
If you have questions about a donation, please reach out to our Development Officer, Mary Paisley, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that after registering, your tax receipt will come from Duke University.
All other questions, including those related to the t-shirt design contest, should be directed to our Director of Communications, Sara Sorraia, at email@example.com.