And the winners are…
We’ve tallied over 1,500 votes via Facebook, Instagram, and email, and the winners of the Stay Away 5K t-shirt design contest are……. Evan Tynan’s “Ring-tail Finish Line,” which will be printed on all 5K t-shirts, and Julian Mr. Lemur’s “Conspiracy of Lemurs,” which will be printed on a decal to be mailed with every shirt!
That’s right: registrants for the Stay Away 5K will receive items featuring BOTH of these fabulous designs!!
Want YOUR lemur swag? Click here to register! All proceeds support lemur care and conservation!
Vote for your favorite!
We had so many outstanding entries (over 60 of them!) for our Stay Away 5K t-shirt design contest, it was impossible for our judges to select only three finalists – so here are our top FIVE! Click the images above to see a larger version!
Online voting begins May 12 and ends on Friday, May 15. The winning design will be printed on a limited edition run of t-shirts distributed for the DLC’s Stay Away 5K and the designer will receive an amazing DLC prize pack!
VOTING IS EASY! You can cast your vote in one of two ways:
1. Social media: Visit the DLC Facebook page, scroll down to the post (it’s pinned to the top of the page), and “like” your favorite design! Or, find the post on DLC Instagram @dukelemurcenter and comment on the post!
2. Email: If you or a family member would like to vote but don’t use (or prefer not to use) social media, email your top choice to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “T-shirt Design Vote” in the subject line.
The design with the most number of “likes” + emailed votes by 11:59 PM on Friday, May 15 is the contest winner!
Don’t forget to register for the Stay Away 5K so you can receive a shirt with the winning design!
The winner of the t-shirt design contest will receive the following:
1. Your choice of (a) gift package full of fun lemur merchandise, or (b) Walking with Lemurs tour vouchers for two people (ages 10+; see age restrictions and other guidelines here). Please note that we’re unable to ship the gift package or t-shirt to addresses outside the U.S.
2. A free symbolic adoption of infants Terence and Didius — follow the first year in the lives of our youngest Coquerel’s sifakas, and learn all about sifaka infant development and family dynamics!
3. One free shirt featuring your winning design!
Criteria for submission
Your design should include the name of our event: The Duke Lemur Center Stay Away 5k. It can feature a single species of lemur, or multiple species — you choose!
There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant during the entry period.
Entrants must be 18 years of age or older or, if younger than 18, have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter the contest. DLC staff are not eligible to enter.
Submissions must be your original artwork only.
Designs should be against a white or transparent background. The color of the final t-shirt will be determined based on the winning design.
Dimensions of the design should be at least 10” x 10”.
If your submission needs to be reproduced to ensure the highest quality of printing, we will do our best to recreate the most accurate design.
How to submit your design
T-shirt designs must be submitted by midnight on May 8, 2020. [Clarification: This means the submission deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 8. Sorry for any confusion!]
Design entries should be sent via email to email@example.com — please use “T-Shirt Design Contest” as your subject line. Designs should be in one of the following formats: jpeg, PSD, or PDF. Please send the highest-resolution files you can.
Once submitted, all designs become the property of the Duke Lemur Center, and the entrant agrees to grant exclusive use to the Duke Lemur Center. The Duke Lemur Center has exclusive rights to reproduce and use any and all entries into the t-shirt contest. Entries become the property of DLC and none will be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein.
The contest winner will be notified via email, and posted online on the Duke Lemur Center website, as well as its social media accounts.
Any questions should be sent to the DLC’s Director of Communications, Sara Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 27, 2020 – contest begins
May 8, 2020 – final day to submit art
May 11, 2020 – selection of top three submissions; online voting begins
May 15, 2020 – voting ends
May 16, 2020 – winner revealed